- Drive though misty mountain valleys and see one of the most stunning landscapes of Vietnam
- Get to see a mythical combination of conical limestone peaks and deep, craterous valleys
- Travel off the beaten path
- Pass sleepy local villages and interact with the locals
- Time to touch the ethnic tribes’ cultures and get insights into their daily life
- Enjoy delicious home made Vietnamese food
- Learn to make some traditional dishes yourself
- Duration: 4 days/3 nights
This motorbike experience in one of the most stunning and remote areas in Vietnam will become a memory for a lifetime. Ha Giang landscape is a mythical combination of conical limestone peaks and deep, majestic valleys. With mountain passes hanging onto cliff-faces high above roaring rivers, and back-roads threading through forests of limestone pinnacles, it’s ideal territory for a motorbike road trip.
Your trip starts with a bus ride to Tha village. We will arrange a taxi for you to go to the bus station make sure you are on the right bus. You will drive through stunning landscapes for around 8 hours.
As soon as you arrive in Tha Village our homestay family will warmly welcome you. In this village we have set-up a responsible tourism project. The homestay owners and local guides are trained for 6 months in providing you the most unique experience.
The next morning adventure starts. You will start with a 3 km walk to explore Heaven’s Gate, Twin mountain, and Lung Khuy cave. You will be surrounded by a miracle mountain landscape. After this morning exercise you will start your motorbike trip that brings you to Nam Dam village where you will spend the night at a homestay. It is a Red Dao traditional house where everyone sleeps on the floor with a mattress, mosquito net and a curtain. You will be warmly welcomed by the local family and can exchange stories.
You will wake up by the chirping of the birds and surrounded by misty terraced rice fields. After breakfast your local guide will take you for a short walk through the village. Around 10 am you will leave Nam Dam for Dong Van while driving pass Phố Cáo, and Sủng Là. We will stop at these villages sp that you can interact with H’mong families. It’s once again a very enjoyable ride today as you will see the amazing mountains of the Dong Van Karst Plateau Geopark. Drive to the peak of Ma Pi Leng pass which gives stunning views of the mountains and sweeping valleys. You arrive in Meo Vac in the late afternoon where you will spend the night in a guesthouse.
Our final day we will make a stop in Lung Tam village. In this Hmong village you will experience how local villagers weave brocades. A delicious lunch is served in Quan Ba. We will arrive in Thon Tha village around 4pm. You have time to relax and fresh-up before having dinner. You can also join a cooking class from the Tay family and learn to make some typical Vietnamese food.
- Pick and drop off transfer
- Transfer and tour by motorbikes
- Accommodation: homestay
- English speaking local guide
- Entrance fees, visiting tickets and permits during guided time