- Stay in a local house of a former Viet Cong fighter
- Have the chance to get a peek into local life
- Join in some of their daily activities
- Cycle along small trails and discover authentic Vietnamese life
- Have dinner with the the wife of Mr. Ba Linh and enjoy her happy water
- Duration: 7 hours
- This is a private tour for a maximum of 5 people
The Mekong Delta is a beautiful area in the south of Vietnam. It is a maze of rivers that crisscross the landscape like arteries and where houses and markets float upon. The way of life is peaceful, green with many rice paddies and locals riding their boats.
Here, in this area is the house of Mr. Ba Linh who was a fighter in war time. He opened his house to share the Mekong lifestyle with travelers. Unfortunately, he passed away last year, but his family wants to keep his tradition of welcoming travelers alive.
You have the chance to get a peek into local life and join in some of their daily activities like rice farming, taking care of their garden where they have some beautiful gourd trees, catching fish from the canal or simply relax in one of the hammocks that Mr. Linh has put. In the evening you can enjoy a delicious Vietnamese home cooked meal prepared by Mr. Linh’s wife.
Your room is basic with a mattress, mosquito net and fan. The next morning you will enjoy a delicious breakfast with fresh fruits after which you have the chance to hop on a bike and explore the area.
After lunch you will be dropped off at the bus station to return to Ho Chi Minh city.
- Round trip bus ticket to the local house and pick up and drop off by the host or his wife
- Bikes to cycle around the village
- One night of homestay