- Have a unique local village experience near Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Learn how we brew our own banana beer and harvest honey
- Our local guide will show you the beautiful views of the twin crater lake
- Meet the local families in their traditional homes
- Harvest honey from a beehive (in season)
- Duration: 2 hours
Do you want to have a break from your game drives in Queen Elizabeth National Park? Get a peek into local village life with our village experience tour.
Our community is the only one in the area that still makes local brew from green bananas in the whole region. When you visit we shall our local guide will show you how we process and prepare this local brew called “tonto” in the local language, and you may have a chance to taste some if you find it ready. You will also have the opportunity to visit our beekeeping apiary where you can learn how we harvest and process honey in a traditional way.
One of the old persons in the village can tell you all about how the bunyaruguru people settled in this area and how Queen Elizabeth national park started. End the tour with a hike to the Katinda and Mirambi twin lakes view point, which will give you a magnificent view over the lakes.
- Local guide