- Get a peek into the local life of the people of Karenga
- Visit nearby Kidepo National Park and see amazing wild life
- Go for a wonderful hike in the nearby mountain range
- Learn about our culture and traditions
- Duration: 1 day >
Our place is run by locals from Karenga and its surrounding villages. We are located in Karenga, a small town 8km from Kidepo Valley National Park’s main gate. Our homestay is perfect if you are looking to combine wildlife with learning about our local life. Who better to guide you on a walk through the mountain range or to help you understand the local traditions? We can offer you different activities ranging from village tours to full-day mountain hikes.
We offer accommodation for both budget and mid-range travelers. We have single- and double rooms and a campsite. Electricity, TV and flushing toilets are available.
The mountains surrounding Karenga lend themselves perfectly to hiking. A local guide can show you beautiful mountain trails that have been in use since the beginning of time. You will see caves of religious significance, small wild animals, baboons, countless birds and people living in the most traditional of ways. The available hikes range from two to nine hours.
We hope to welcome you soon!More information
Not Inclusive of
- Breakfast (3 USD)
- Lunch, dinner (5 USD)
- Village walking tour (15 USD per person)
- Mountain hike to visit Ik tribe (50 USD per person)