- Help in coffee roasting and grinding or simply watch how we do it
- Listen to the traditional stories of the Banyaruguru people
- Share the local favorite dishes with the family (fish and obwita)
- Participate in the agriculture tour farming fruits, coffee and domestic animals
- Duration: From 1 night>
Our farmstay is located along the Mbarara Kasese road on your way to Queen Elizabeth National Park. We run a small farm of bananas, coffee, fruit trees and other food crops. We also rear animals such as pigs, goats, ducks and chicken. You can have a peek into our daily activities and the local hand tools used. Some of the home activities include feeding of animals, gardening, and coffee harvesting, processing, grinding and packaging for distribution to the market.
We can accommodate 2-4 people in our home. You will dine with our family and if you are interested you can get engrossed in home daily chores mentioned above. Besides, Douglas can take you around the village to get an extra experience of the community and astonishing scenery of the multiple crater lakes, the fascinating Great Western Rift Valley escarpment and panoramic view of Kyambura Gorge in Queen Elizabeth National Park surrounding areas.
We have 2 furnished bedrooms. One with a medium sized single bed and another with twin beds. Furthermore they both have mosquito nets, shower bath in shared bathroom, outdoor squad toilet, fan and electricity.
Rumuri can be reached by public transport from Kampala or Kasese since it is located about 400m from the highway. Booking and payment can be done from the UCOTA office in Kampala. The home is located in the rural village where you will not find ATMs so one must either pay in advance or travel with cash.
- Three meals per day (breakfast, lunch, evening tea and dinner)
- All teas served at home
- Packed drinks and mineral water
- Beer and soda
- Transport to and from the home