- Meet one of the most amazing creatures, the chimpanzee, in in Kibale National Park
- Immerse yourself in the life and culture of the Kahangi
- Participate in basket weaving by local experts
- Learn how to cook authentic, traditional recipes, and enjoy a meal together
- Experience the warmth and hospitality of the local people
- Duration: 3 days/2 nights
Experiencing the true Uganda is more than only seeing wildlife, but also getting insight into local life of the people. This experience will not bring you in close encounter with one of the most amazing creatures on this planet, the chimpanzee, but also let you immerse in local life.
On the first day you will be warmly welcomed by the Kahangi community and have the chance to relax and adjust a bit while they will tell you about their life in the village. While the sun is setting you will enjoy some delicious traditional meals while sharing stories.
After a good night sleep and a delicious breakfast, we will visit a tea plantation and help in the picking of tea with the locals. Around lunch time we will go to the village and learn how to prepare tasty local delicacies and then indulge in your efforts. After a nice lunch we will go to the village handicraft workshop where you will have the opportunity to try weaving yourself and make your own bracelet. As so many Ugandans also the Kahangi community loves dancing and the day will then also be finished with one of their traditional dances.
Early in the morning, after your breakfast, you will be picked up and we will drive to Kibale Forest National park for a Chimpanzee tracking. The Chimpanzee tracking takes you up-close and personal with Uganda’s famous chimpanzees at Kibale Forest National Park. Celebrated for its large chimpanzee population, the park contains a lush tropical rainforest supporting one of the highest densities of primates in Africa, including over 375 bird species and over 250 butterfly species. Viewing chimpanzees in the wild is a breathtaking and unforgettable wildlife experience. After your Chimpanzee tracking, you will have lunch and thereafter travel to Kampala or Entebbe – or, if you continue your holiday somewhere else or back home, we will bring you directly to Entebbe airport for an onwards flight.
- Services of a full time English speaking driver/guide
- 1 Chimpanzee permit per person
- Full Board accommodation – Bed, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- All ground transportation to and from the park in a comfortable private 4x4 tour vehicle
- All Park entrance fees
- Rangers in the parks
- All government taxes/levies
- Personal expenses