- Visit the area’s highlights by bicycle
- Stay overnight at an organic farmstay
- Cook with the local people and enjoy a traditional rice-barge cruise
- See the local way of life
- Duration: 3 days
- This is a private tour with a minimum of 2 people
We will start our journey on a bicycle and visit the highlights of Kanchanaburi first before heading to the countryside. After our lunch we will enjoy cycling along the back roads through the green landscape to explore local communities along the way (approx. 35kms).
At the end of your journey lies the farming village of Baan Klangtung. Discover their traditional way of organic farming or try your hand at a traditional Thai handicraft. You will spend the night with a lovely local family who will make you feel at home immediately.
After finishing your breakfast the next morning you will take an E-Tan, a type of local farming tractor, to explore Nong Khao Village, a village with many cultural traits to discover. You can visit the fan-palm tree plantation, learn the art of wickerwork or how to make fish mobiles from the palm leaves. You will be offered a delicious palm cake that is made from the palm fruit. In the afternoon, will continue our journey to the agricultural village of Baan Sai Noi, where you are free to explore the village and talk to the friendly villagers. You will have dinner and spend the night in this riverside community.
The next morning you have the possibility to wake up early and offer food to the monks on their morning alms round or you can just relax at your homestay before having an authentic Thai cooking lesson with your host family. They will reveal the recipes of 4-5 classic and authentic Thai dishes, step-by-step. After your lesson, you will be able to cook all of these dishes once you get home. You will enjoy this special lunch as you cruise along the waterways from the village to Ayutthaya, taking in the incredible majesty of the city as you pass by some of its most famous historic monuments.
- Transfer between Kanchanaburi and Ayutthaya
- Cycling, cooking, cruising and community activities
- Farmstay and homestay
- Local English-speaking guide
- All entrance fees for visits
- Additional soft drinks/alcohol
- Personal expenses
- Tips for guide and driver
- Domestic and international flight
- Travel insurance