- Experience a real eco-trek to the highest spot in Mae Hong Son
- A traditional Karen homestay in a non-touristic area
- Enjoy the wonderful river in the middle of the forest and a hidden waterfall
- Duration: 3 days
- This is a private tour with a minimum of 2 people
We will start these three days with a beautiful drive along mountain roads up to Ban Huai Hee, the village where we will stay overnight. You will be warmly welcomed by your homestay family and will sleep in their traditional hill-tribe hut. You will get the opportunity to trek along their forest trails and learn how they use the forest in a sustainable way. You can reach the highest point in Mae Hong Son, Doi Pui, at 1,722 meters above sea level, see the wild-orchid conservation area and may see how the Karen villagers traditionally cook their rice. At night you can spend time in the company of your local family before settling down for a good night’s sleep in the relaxing atmosphere of the hill-tribe village.
Village life starts early. Wake up and enjoy the morning activities before having breakfast and then packing your belongings for your downhill trek to Ban Huai Goong village. On the trek members of the village community will accompany us as the trek continues along the beautiful mountain paths. We will have lunch in the jungle only making use of the materials that nature provides us. After lunch we continue our trek until we reach Ban Huai Goong. On arrival you will meet your second homestay family.
The final day you can enjoy a freshly prepared breakfast and start packing for your next trek to Pha Bong Dam where your journey will come to an end. The trail starts from the village and follows the path of Mae Samat River and then goes up-hill to a waterfall. This part of the trail is covered in beautiful bamboo forest. After another enjoyable jungle lunch we will continue our trek through the beautiful forest along the Mae Samat River. In the late afternoon we will arrive in Pha Bong Dam where transportation will be awaiting us.
- Private air-conditioned transport and transfers
- Local English-speaking guide
- Trekking and participating in cultural and community activities
- All entrance fees for visits
- Additional soft drinks/alcohol
- Personal expenses
- Tips for guide and driver
- Domestic and international flight
- Travel insurance
- Transportation to and from Chiang Mai
How to get there
You can get to Mae Hong Son by public minivan from Chiang Mai Arcade bus station. Journey time is approximately 4,5 hrs and 250 baht per person.