- Experience local life on a small farm in northern Thailand
- Take a course in one of the different farming principles
- Enjoy delicious homemade Thai food
- Explore the surroundings by bicycle
- Exchange knowledge and experience with the local people and guests
- Duration: from 1 week
- Maximum number of people is 6
We are a small local farm in the Chun district in northern Thailand, 1,5 hour southeast of Chiang Rai. We started this farm because we wanted to share our local lifestyle with people around the world and preserve our culture. We grow our own food such as vegetables and fruits organically with the goal to be more self-reliant. Planting and collecting vegetables for cooking fresh meals will be a wonderful experience for people who live in a big cit. Immerse yourself in the pace of life of this little farm and forget about the hustle and bustle of the busy world.
Besides being an organic farm we are also a sustainable living learning center as well as a language center for our community; local kids come and practice their English with our guests. We organize different farming courses like a rice farming, rice planting, rice harvesting, mud building, working with bamboo & planting and cooking & making thatched roofs.
The food we serve is northern Thai food prepared with the best care. The accommodation we provide is simple. You will sleep in a traditional Thai wooden house, one that has been on the farm for several generations. The rooms have a fan, mosquito net, Thai mattress, pillow, blanket, hot shower and shared bathroom. We also have bicycles that you can use to explore the area.
What you need to know:
- All programs could be changed to match our weather and schedules if necessary
- We don’t have any certification for volunteering or interns as we are only a small local farm
- Do not expect any luxury accommodation and convenience amenities
- No WIFI available at the farm but internet café in our town (5 minutes by bicycle)
- We are very strict with our culture such “Giving A WAI” to Thais instead of “hugging or kissing” like westerns, so Thai culture is required in the community
- Airport transfers