- Experience the life of a Thai rice farmer family
- Learn about the rice farming process
- Meet the local hill tribe families
- Enjoy freshly prepared farm food from mother Tomei
- Relax in this peaceful environment without distractions of every day life
- The farm has 2 private rooms that can accommodate 6 people
Would you like to know how the life of a rice farmer family in Thailand is? Come and join us on our traditional organic rice farm in the middle of the beautiful hills of Northern Thailand. Enjoy the fresh air, the sounds of the birds and our healthy and fresh farm cooking. All meals are home-cooked by mother Tomei. She cooks with a variety of fresh farm products that grow around the farm, like wild mushrooms, ferns and plants.
If you are on the farm in the wet months of June and July which is the start of a new rice-planting season, you can help with preparing the paddy fields, sowing the seeds and trimming the sides of the plot. The other months there are plenty of other things to do.
We offer 2 private rooms that can accommodate 3 people each and an open-air sleeping space that can accommodate 4 people. It is simple, clean and comfortable. Mosquito nets are available as well as 2 toilets - one of western seating type and one of squatting type. The shower room uses fresh cool water piped in from the mountain stream. Be prepared that we don’t have Wi-Fi, TV, and air-condition. Mobile phone signal is only receivable at a sweet spot near the balcony.
The farm is located in Ban Huay Khom, a Karen hill tribe village in just 30 minutes from Chiang Rai city. We offer you free pick-up at either Chiang Rai International Airport or Chiang Rai city.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transportation to and fro Chiang Rai
- Mid-week visit to Chiang Rai night bazaar
- Half-day hill tribe cultural tour on the last day
- Guided experiential rice farming program