- Have the chance to meet one of the most warm-hearted people
- Learn about their traditional daily life and enjoy delicious local food
- Trek through green paddy fields and enjoy a picnic lunch in the middle of nature
- Support local communities directly by this trekking
- Duration: 3 days
- Minimum number of people is 2 and maximum is 6
You will have a chance to meet and live with some of the most warm-hearted people in the world. Whether you are staying with the shy and reserved tribe, or playing with the children of the very sociable Akha, you will be equally well looked after.
On the first day you will be picked up at 8.30am from Chiang Rai. It is a short drive through green hills and paddy fields. During this we will explain to you a bit about our hill tribe’s cultural traditions. Afterwards we will take you on a trek to our hill tribe village. As soon as we arrive we will serve you our delicious local food. In the afternoon we will tell you all about our traditions and daily life and we will show you around. At night you will join us for dinner and perhaps we have our traditional dance.
On the second day you will join us in our daily activities. This can be digging, planting, harvesting or weeding. It will depend on the weather what can be done.
On your final day you will trek back to where you will be picked up. On the way we will prepare a bamboo lunch, which we can enjoy in the middle of nature. We will visit the Wat Pra Kaew temple and local market and bring you back to Chiang Rai at the end of the day.
You will stay in a bamboo/grass/wood hut with cold water, shower (bucket or hose), Asian squat toilet, mattress on the floor and limited (or no) electricity. Unmarried couples must sleep separately in the same house (usually in the same room, but not together).
By attaining this trek you will directly protect and maintain the cultures and traditions of our local hilltribe communities, in the Mae Yao area of Chiang Rai district. The money we receive from is put back into the communities directly, and indirectly, helping to sustain the local economy.
- All main meals, from lunch on day 1 to lunch on day 3
- Drinking water is provided by the guide
- Home stay
- Pick-up and drop-offs included (for locations within Chiang Rai). There is a fuel surcharge for locations outside the city limits.
- Other drinks
- Personal expenses