- Immerse in the local life of a small Tanzanian village
- Help them in their tree nursery, planting trees or playing with the children
- Directly support the local community with your stay
- Teach in the girls educational center
- Duration: from 1 night >
- Maximum number of people is 6
This experience will let you immerse in the local community of Karagwe. The drive from Bukoba to Karagwe is very scenically.
On arrival the local family where you will stay for the next few days will warmly welcome you. The homestay is located on top of the hills and uses solar power for energy and hot water. The homestay also runs a girls education center. It educates children from kindergarten to primary three.
You will help them in the tree nursery and planting the trees. It will give you some exercise as the trees need to be planted on the slopes. You will also have the chance to visit the local women’s group and the radio station. It will be an experience of a lifetime.
Transportation is excludedMore information