- Experience local life in a Tanzanian village
- Be warmly welcomed by the local family
- Learn to cook traditional food, help on the farm or play with the children
- See local spices like vanilla, lemon grass and their own coffee
- Directly support the local community with your stay
- Duration: 2 days
- Maximum number of people is 6
This stay will give you the opportunity to immerse in local Tanzanian village life. You have the chance to spend the night (or more) with a local family near Bukoba. You can join in their daily activities like fetching water from the spring, work on the shamba ( farm), learn to cook local food, and off course eat your self-prepared food and drink their local bear/wine. Some of the families also do beekeeping, tree planting or support the orphanage in the village.
You will also have the chance to see their local spices like vanilla, lemon grass and their coffee, sweet banana, avocado and pineapple plantations. In case you would like to support the local community you can donate any of the following: exercise books, textbooks, school fees, schools uniforms or drawing pencils.
- Transport to and from Bukoba town
- 2 nights accommodation
- All meals
- Local guide (if you wish)
- Local community fee