- A unique stay with the nons on a banana plantation
- Experience their local life and that of the village
- Relax at the veranda while reading a book or listening to the sounds
- Visit the local school, go for a walk or volunteer at the local hospital
- Directly support the local community with your stay
- Duration: from 1 night >
- Maximum number of people is 8
This place is unique, surrounded by banana plantations and in the middle of the local community. It is run by the Theresian Sisters, a group of very sweet nuns. It is a lovely place to relax. It has a common living room where it is nice to read, listen to music or enjoy the beautiful view on the veranda of the banana plantation.
Sister Johannes will prepare traditional Tanzanian food and will eat with you if you wish. The rooms are basic with twin beds and a hot shower.
You also have the opportunity to experience village activities like teaching primary school students English, playing with them or even volunteer at Mugana hospital. The area also offers beautiful walking opportunities.
With your stay you will directly support the Theresian Sisters. The guesthouse is located in the village just 30 km from Bukoba town to the north.
- Transport to and from Bukoba town
- 1 night half board (dinner and breakfast) accommodation
- Local guide (if you wish)
- Local community fee