- Learn all ins and outs of Tanzanian cooking during this cooking class
- Get insights in various ingredients and spices used
- Pick the dish you would like to prepare
- Learn about cultural eating habits
- Take home wooden spoon and recipe book
- Duration: 1.5 hours
Watch and participate in the making of a few traditional style Tanzanian dishes, while learning about the food and culture in the country. You will get a chance to select a local dish to prepare and will enjoy your sampling at Karakana.
Meet your hosts for the cooking class and get an introduction to the meal you will be preparing. Your hosts will share the significance of the meal in Tanzanian culture. You will then get an overview of the different ingredients and techniques used in making the meal. Cooking and preparation begins and then a taste testing of the meal prepared with your hosts will be given. A handcrafted spoon and recipe will be given at the end of the experience.
The cooking class is offered during day time from 7AM to 5PM daily.
Visiting Time: Experience runs 1.5 hours, but you are welcome to relax at Karakana for up to 5 hours.
Each experience goes to support connection building experiences for both youth and people affected by stigma in Tanzania.
- Cooking class
- Swahili or Continental Meal
- Wooden spoon
- Recipe book
- Unlimited Variety of snacks, East African Coffee and Tea + Soft Beverages (Water, Sparking Water, Soda, Local Juice)
- Free Wifi, Printing & Locked Area for Luggage
- Donation to community support initiative