- Learn from a local artist the art of making jewelry
- Have the chance to use typical local materials
- Take home your own art piece!
- Duration: 1 hour
Create your own personalized bracelets and recycled keychains! You will have the option of trying the traditional method of beading to making your own jewelry, while selecting a pattern of beads to take home. Each pattern created has a cultural meaning and your host will walk you through the meaning behind each.
After beading, you can have a look at upcycled materials (such as cow horn, kitenge fabric, local leather) and you will be given a sample of how these materials are transforming the modern arts scene in Tanzania. You will then get a chance to make a personalized key ring from the materials.
Each experience goes to support connection building experiences for both youth and people affected by stigma in Tanzania.
- Jewelry class
- Your own art piece
- Unlimited Variety of snacks, East African Coffee and Tea + Soft Beverages (Water, Sparking Water, Soda, Local Juice)
- Free Wifi, Printing & Locked Area for Luggage
- Donation to community support initiative