- Enjoy Sri Lankas lush green mountains
- Participate in local activities with children
- Cycle alongside paddy fields, rice terraces and enjoy the natural beauty of the area
- Join locals in paddy cultivation and enjoy delicious homemade meals
- Duration: 5 days
- Maximum number of participants is 4
During the following days you will enjoy Sri Lanka’s lush green mountain area in Wattegama and Mediwake with its friendly people and stunning nature. You will stay at an eco lodge or at a local family's house. You can participate in local activities with children in the area, teach them about your culture or some English words, or show them your favorite game. In the afternoon take a bike and cycle alongside paddy fields, rice terraces and enjoy the natural beauty in the area. In this region, there are many spice cultivations, rivers and places you can trek through valleys and mountains.
After two days you will experience daily life in Mediwake, a small village 40 kilometers from Wattegama. There you can participate actively in paddy cultivation (depending on the season). During other periods of the year you can join in other village activities like preparing jaggery and other products from palm trees.
At night you can participate in preparing rich and authentic Sri Lankan food. Sri Lankan cuisine features scorching chilies, spicy curries, crisp breakfast hoppers (a bowl-shaped pancake made from rice flour and coconut milk) and tangy pickles. Although you can taste influences from neighboring India and the Dutch and Portuguese colonists, Sri Lanka's food is uniquely its own. The locals will love to show you how to prepare it.
- Welcome (assistance, meet & greet) upon arrival
- Transportation in a private vehicle
- English speaking guide
- Handling Fees and expenses such as coordinator/supervisor’s charges/ official visits/inspection
- Transfers, city tours, sightseeing – if requested, our vehicle will be provided to all suggested sites. During village visits, you can rent cycles & three wheelers to get another experience
- Assistance at the departure
- Bottled water and other beverages
- Personal expenses
- Entrance tickets to payable sites/visits
- Charges for other transportation