- Visit Minneriya and Kaudulla National Park with someone from the village
- Help the local people with harvesting, restoring houses, cooking or entertaining their children
- Cycle along paddy fields or visit the ancient places of Auwkana or Ritigala
- Duration: 6 days
Habarana is a little town where the local people warmly welcome you and take you on a journey through their daily life. You can participate and help them with harvesting, restoring houses, entertaining and teaching their children and preparing some great Sri Lankan food.
The locals will love to show you around. Enjoy a walk or cycle ride in the vicinity where you can see, lakes, paddy fields or visit the ancient places of Auwkana or Ritigala where you can see many scattered vestiges all over the site. The villagers can even take you on a visit to Minneriya and Kaudulla National Park, which are both a good base for seeing great wildlife. You will have a very good chance of seeing wild elephants! At night you can go to a tree hut to see nightlife in the jungle.
- Welcome (assistance, meet & greet) upon arrival
- Transportation in a private vehicle to and from the airport
- English speaking guide
- Transfers, city tours, sightseeing
- Assistance at the departure
- Eco-activities and village lunch
- Personal expenses
- Entrance tickets to payable sites/visits
- Lunches and dinners (often provided by the homestay for a very small amount)