- Experience local Sri Lankan village life in Sigirya
- Participate in day-to-day activities of locals
- Visit the unique frescoes near Sigirya
- Duration: 6 days
- Maximum number of participants is 5
During the following days you will experience local life in rural Sri Lanka and the beautiful environment of Sigirya with its unique frescoes, friendly people and stunning nature.
You will stay at an eco-lodge or at a local family’s house. You can join in the daily activities of the villagers, like teaching English to the children, playing and chatting with them and telling them about your culture. They can show you unique places like the ancient Lions Rock, Dambulla temple and many other temples in the neighborhood. At night you can participate in preparing rich and authentic Sri Lankan food. This usually consists of a ‘main curry’ of fish, chicken, pork or mutton (typically goat), as well as several other curries made with vegetables, lentils and even fruit. As a side dish, we often prepare pickles, chutneys or sambols. The locals will love to show you how to prepare these dishes.
- Welcome (assistance, meet & greet) upon arrival
- Transportation in a private vehicle
- English speaking guide
- All relevant taxes
- Transfers, city tours, sightseeing – if requested, our vehicle will be provided to all suggested sites. During village visits, you can rent cycles & three wheelers to get another experience.
- Assistance at the departure
- Personal expenses
- Entrance tickets to payable sites/visits
- Charges for other transportation