- Experience local farm life near Polunnaruwa, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Join the locals on a fishing trip, help with cooking delicious food or provide some help on their land
- Explore the exciting surroundings with its rich wildlife, ancient temples and green countryside
- Duration: 5 days
- Maximum number of participants is 5
Polunnaruwa is one of the heritage sites of Sri Lanka and surrounded by many lakes & national parks like Wasgumuwa National Park and Somawathiya. Over the next five days you will be immersed in the local life of the people living here. Most of them are farmers having vegetable & paddy cultivations, some are fisherman catching their fish in nearby lakes. A typical dish from here is “Kurakkan Rotti “ with lake fish curry and sweetcorn during the season. You can join them fishing, planting and harvesting or can help cooking their delicious Sri Lankan food.
Besides joining the villagers in their daily work, you will also have the opportunity to teach the village children English by means of different workshops. You can teach them in a playful way with the help of a coordinator.
If you are more up for some excitement, then the local people will be very pleased to show you their surroundings with its rich wildlife, ancient temples and green countryside. In the evenings you can help them prepare lovely Sri Lankan food and chat over a cup of chai about their culture and habits.
- Welcome (assistance, meet & greet) upon arrival
- Transportation in a private vehicle
- English speaking guide
- Handling Fees and expenses such as coordinator/supervisor’s charges/ official visits/inspection
- Transfers, city tours, sightseeing – if requested, our vehicle will be provided to all suggested sites. During village visits, you can rent cycles & three wheelers to get another experience
- Assistance at the departure
- Bottled water and other beverages
- Personal expenses
- Entrance tickets to payable sites/visits
- Charges for other transportation