- Visit my traditional wood carving village
- Learn all about the art of wood carving and meet the local artists
- Enjoy a delicious homemade Rice & Curry at a local family's house
- Paint your own wooden elephant and take it home as a souvenir
- Duration: 4 hours
Near Galle is an authentic woodcarving village where the people work hard to get an income. This is my home where I grew up. By joining me you not only will have a great time, but you will support the families directly.
I will pick you up from your guesthouse in Galle or Unawatuna by tuktuk (other places are possible to at some extra costs). I will take you to my village and tell you about its history and the art of wood carving while having the possibility to chat with the villagers. A coconut will be served along the way.
Around lunch time there will be a delicious homemade Rice & Curry waiting for you at a lovely family’s home.
Then it is time to paint your own wooden elephant. Outside one of the family's houses you will get the time to create your own souvenir.
When all is finished, I will bring you back to your guesthouse.
Starting time: 10 am
Meeting point: your hotel
- Traditional Berber lunch (couscous, tajine, bread...)
- Mineral water
- Camel ride
- Transportation from and to Marrakech
- Local guide