HIGHLIGHTS KIGALI TOUR WITH CELINE
- Visit my favorite milk bar in town
- Have a stroll through some of the most iconic and unique neighborhoods of Kigali
- Learn to bargain from a true Rwandan and take home some unique Rwandan art pieces
- Go to the mountain viewpoint to have the best view of Kigali
- Have a break and taste some true Rwandan coffee
- Have a typical Rwandan lunch at one of the best places in town
- Duration: 1 day
Wondering what to do in Kigali? Join me and I will take on a journey to show you the best places in my city. My Rwandan culture is famous for its coffee, milk, its baskets and other craft items.
We will start with a stroll through some of the coolest and most colorful neighborhoods in Kigali, Nyamirambo. We will walk through the little streets where you can see a variety of shops selling items. In Kigali one of the must do’s as a local is grabbing a glass of hot, fresh, steamed milk with cocoa powder, honey or tea at one of my favorite milk bars.
After a relaxed stroll and a refreshing glass of milk we will go to Mount Kigali to have a great view of Kigali city and take in the fresh mountain air.
Our next stop will be Kimironko market that is home to a huge covered market, teeming with people and the most wonderful stalls selling everything you can imagine, from fruit and vegetables to cloth to gorgeous jewelry and craft products. You will see the daily hustle and bustle of sellers selling a variety of items. I will show you how we, Rwandans, do our shopping of which bargaining is part. I will teach you how to get the best price so that you can take home some unique Rwandan items.
After our shopping effort we will take a break for a good cup of Rwandan coffee. Rwanda has some great coffee shops to boost your energy.
At last we will fill our bellies with some of the best local cuisine in Kigali. You can try ugalis with sauce, brochette, fried matoke, akabenz and many more.
I will drop you off at your hotel afterwards.
- pick-up and drop-off from hotel
- private car
- English speaking guide
- Walking tour
- Glass of milk and cup of coffee