- Walk through the stunning countryside of Rwanda
- Take a refreshing swim in Lake Kivu
- Enjoy a delicious picnic lunch
- Have a glimpse of every day life and meet local people
- Duration: 2 days
This hike will take you through stunning Rwandan landscape and let you meet the local people. We will start our walk 500 meters down via small paths up to Lake Kivu. The path goes through various small villages and beautiful rural Rwandan landscape. We will arrive at the lake after around 2 hours of hiking.
You can jump into the fresh, clear and calm water and enjoy a swim. We will prepare a delicious picnic for lunch on the spot and enjoy the stunning views.
When you feel like going back, we will start hiking back. This hike is very remote which will give you a glimpse of the Rwandan countryside.
Besides this you also have the opportunity to learn Rwandese cooking, help in mama Dunia’s Bakery or visiting our nursery school. These activities are free of charge.
You will sleep in our community run small guesthouse overlooking Lake Kivu. The rooms are equipped with a bed and a mosquito net, and a small bathroom with hot water. Food can be arranged against a small payment.
- Free activities like Rwandese cooking, visiting the nursery school or learning to bake