- Learn about the biggest flower market of Manlia (Dangwa) and why many Filipinos work overseas
- Visit Jewish Cemetery and learn the history of the Holocaust
- Understand rituals of Filipinos and what they do on All Saints Day
- Get to know why locals live in cemeteries
- Take local public transport: jeepney and tricycle
- Duration: 2.5-3 hours (start at 9:00am or 2:00pm)
- Maximum number of people is 6
Why do people choose to live among the dead – in cemeteries? In fact, the cemeteries contain untold stories from the ‘invisible’ residents in the country. They are the vulnerable and the marginalized community that do not get attention from the government and the public.
Through this sensitive local guided walk, you will discover the organized communities in which locals work and survive. You will have the chance to chat with residents who were born and bred in the Manila North Cemetery and get to know about their lives beyond the gravestones they dwell among.
We have a no camera policy as we try not to be intrusive to the locals and avoid causing discomfort to them.
The profit of the walk is used to help the poor living in the slum areas.
- Public transportation
- Toilets (5P)