- Learn about the biggest flower market of Manlia (Dangwa) and why many Filipinos work overseas
- Visit Jewish Cemetery and learn the history of the Holocaust
- Understand rituals of Filipinos and what they do on All Saints Day
- Get to know why locals decide to live in cemeteries
- Take local public transportations like jeepney and tricycle
- Duration: 2.5-3 hours (start at 9:00am or 2:00pm)
- Maximum number of people is 6
Why people choose to live among the dead – in cemeteries? In fact, cemeteries unmask mysterious stories from the ‘invisible’ residents in the country. They are the vulnerable and the marginalized community that do not get the attention from the government and the public.
Through having an excursion to cemeteries, you will discover that cemeteries have turned into an organized form of community that provides locals with chances to work and survive. You will have the chance to chat with residents who were born and bred in the Manila North Cemetery and get to know about their lives beyond the grave.
We have a no camera policy as we try not to be intrusive to the locals and avoid causing discomfort to them. But photo taking is allowed in other stops.
The profit of the walk is used to help the poor living in the slum areas.
- Public transportation
- Toilets (5P)