- Visit a model farm-village community attracting people from all over the world
- as well as a transforming urban community of former informal settlers
- Become inspired by the audacious aim to end poverty in the Philippines by 2024
- Enjoy great Philippine countryside and farm-grown food
- Soak up the relaxing vibe of the farm and its surroundings
- Duration: 3 days/2 nights
After pick up in the morning, we will stop off at Silver Heights community, a transformed community of former slum dwellers in Metro Manila. Have coffee and a snack as you hear the remarkable stories of the resilience and hope from community members who have been able to turn their lives around. You’ll then help prepare lunch alongside the community and learn how to cook some typical Filipino dishes.
After lunch, you will then head to the GK Enchanted Farm, a beautiful 34 hectare farm-village community home to a thriving local community, as well as local and international entrepreneurs. Take time to explore the farm’s surroundings and meet the local and international residents of the farm over diner or perhaps even karaoke.
On the Sunday morning, you’ll take a complete tour of the farm, visiting the animal farm, the botanical garden and the bamboo palace among others. Along the way, you will meet locals and people from all over the world who are creating high-quality products (from honey to cheese and even toys) in partnership with the local community. Learn how their products are made and see what helps drive them to build a fairer, more sustainable world for all. End the day by taking a dip in the Farm’s infinity pool or having a massage (additional charge).
On the Monday morning, you can leave at your own pace after breakfast. Guests can take public transport back to Manila, or a van pick up can be arranged at an additional charge (70 USD per vehicle).
- Two nights’ accommodation in farm cottage
- 6 meals/li>
- Farm and community tour
- Demos and workshops (peanut butter or toy making)
- Local community guide
- Copy of the book: The Genius of the Poor