- Explore the vast and wild Sahara desert by camel
- Gain an insight into the lifestyle of the nomadic people
- Ride camels in the Sahara desert
- Sleep under the millions of stars in the Sahara desert
- Duration: from 1 day>
Dive into the life of traditional nomadic people by joining on a camel trekking trip. This will give you the opportunity to explore the vast and wild Sahara desert which has been as it is for millions of years.
You will be accompanied by me and my local team (guide, cook and camel men) and you will travel just like nomads from one place to another, following the path nomads follow. We will start from M'hamid, the last village before you enter the Sahara desert, and head towards the massive wild Sahara desert. We will be walking for a few hours (2 - 4 hours) before will break for lunch. Afterwards, we will resume walking for a few more hours (2 - 3 hours) till we arrive at a camping site where we make our camp for the night.
During the trip you can walk as well as ride the camels.We are happy to share our stories about life as a nomad and our traditions. We hope to learn from you too!
Meeting point: Dr Aarib M'hamid Centre, Zagora 47402, Morocco
- Local guide
- Guiding team (camel men, cook etc.)
- Camping equipment (nomadic tents, mattresses, blankets kitchen utensils...)
- All meals and drinks (water & tea) in the desert
- Small camping gears ( sleeping bag, head torch....)