- Visit the beautiful Berber village of Amellago in the Atlas Mountains
- Meet the friendly family and experience their local way of life
- Walk through the gardens full of grapes, peaches, apricots, pomegranates, olives, vegetables and herbs
- Learn to make your own olive oil, almond cream or fresh goats cheese.
- Bake bread over the fire in our mud oven
- Learn to cook a traditional couscous and other authentic Berber cuisine
- Go for a hike in the mountains
- Duration: 3 nights/4days
Our beautiful Berber village of Amellago lies in the heart of the High Atlas mountains, nestled in the Ghris Valley and surrounding gorge. We invite you into our homestay so that you can experience our local way of life that has remained unchanged for centuries. Our village is surrounded by gardens of grapes, peaches, apricots, pomegranates, olives, vegetables and herbs, you will feel the warmth the minute you enter.
In the warmer months of summer you can enjoy picking almonds or take in the beauty of the almond groves with white and pink blossom in February. In June/July you can join the annual wheat harvest. Olive picking takes place in the months of November and December.
Learn to make your own olive oil, almond cream or fresh goats cheese. Bake bread over the fire in our mud oven. Indulge your senses. Prepare and cook a traditional meal of couscous and other authentic Berber cuisine. Learn more about artisan crafts in the Berber tradition. Women from our village can teach you about how Berber rugs and pottery are made and you even have the chance to create your own unique pottery piece.
We are located 1hr from Rich, 1hr from Goulmima via Ghris Valley, and 1.5hr from Tinghir (Todra Gorge). We can arrange transfers to us from anywhere in Morocco. For those who enjoy taking the road less travelled, directions can be provided for you to undertake your own journey of discovery to Amellago.
- Transportation from Fez and back
- Breakfast, dinner
- Daily local activities depend on the season