- Visit the beautiful Ourika valley, just 50 km outside Marrakesh
- Meet a local potter and try it yourself
- Visit one of the weekly souks in Ghmat, Tnin-Ourika, Ourika
- Marvel at all local products they are selling from olives, cheese, argan oil and more
- Visit an Argan cooperative where you can see what kind of products they make
- Duration: 1 day
This experience will take you 50 km outside Marrakesh to the Ourika Valley. It is a unique opportunity to see Morocco’s beautiful countryside see how people live here.
We will leave Marrakesh in the morning between 9 and 10 am by car (taxi or minibus). Best is to do this trip on a Monday, Thursday or Friday then you can also visit one of the weekly Souks (markets) of the Ourika valley. On Monday there is a souk in Tnin Ourika. On Thursday there is one in the Ourika valley. On Fridays it is in Ghmat. These souk markets are for local people so you will few (not find any) tourists there. They sell olives, oil, cheese, vegetables, fruits, clothes, and you can see traditional healers and many other items.
We will also visit a traditional pottery workshop where you can even give it a try yourself. Another famous product of Morocco is Argan oil. We will meet the people of an "Argan cooperative" where women of the villages produce Argan oil and Argan products.
Start time: 9:00 to 10:00 in the morning in Marrakesh. End time: About 18:00 in the evening in Marrakesh.
- Local English speaking guide
- All activities mentioned above
- Transportation from Club Med in Marrakesh to Ourika valley and back