- Stay in an artisan village
- Learn local crafts
- Enjoy learning about Taileu culture
- Eat local cuisine, fresh from their fields
- See beautiful villages and mountain scenery
- Duration: 2 days/1night
We would love to invite you to our village in Ban Lue. We are a community of artisans and are proud and happy to share our place, skills, and traditions with you. Our village is located in a stunning natural scenery where you will not only have the chance to soak up the beautiful environment, but also immerse yourself into our local culture.
- Pick up from your guesthouse in Luang Prabang and transfer to station to take the public minivan to Nongkhiaw, however you will get off at the intersection in Ban Bom, Nambak, you will have instructions in Lao to give to the driver.
- At the intersection, to the village, you will be met by your host, Mr Somdeth and go to Ban Lue
- Introduction to Ban Leu, the Tai Leu village, and the program and lunch
- Afternoon Natural Dyes Workshop, learn about the cotton process and make your own natural dye, dye threads and a scarf.
- Early evening village walk followed by dinner
- Overnight accommodation in your own traditional Tai Leu house
- Morning Cotton Weaving Class, learn how cotton is spun and then woven or Bamboo Weaving Class, learn traditional weaving techniques and make a small basket
- Lunch and afternoon return to join bus to Luang Prabang or Nongkhiaw
- English-speaking host
- 2 lunches
- breakfast and dinner
- drinking water
- two workshops
- bus tickets from Luang Prabang and return (or from Luang Prabang and on to Nongkhiaw).
Not Inclusive of
- Items of a personal nature
- drinks other than water,
- coffee and tea offered by host in village