- Try local meals and learn how to husk rice by foot
- Immerse yourself into daily life of a local Khmu family
- Really join them in their activities like planting vegetables, harvesting rice or making bamboo toys
- Go on a hike with the villagers
- Maximum number of participants is 4
Our Khmu family will warmly welcome you. You will arrive by bike or tuk tuk depending on your preference and can participate in the day-to-day work of our family. During your stay you will experience our culture and traditions, try local meals, learn how to husk rice by hand or foot, meet the local blacksmith, make a bamboo basket, make bamboo toys and take a short trek through the jungle.
The activities you will participate in depend on the season. January-March: plant vegetables, sow corn etc. April-May: learn how to grow rice on mountain slopes etc. June-August: learn how to prepare the fields for wet rice and to plant the seedlings. September: plant and care for the vegetable gardens etc. October-November: help to harvest the mountain rice or corn etc. December-January: take part in house building and festivals or in collecting food. Another option is to trek to the jungle and mountain to learn about nature, wildlife, techniques for hunting animals and how locals prepare the food they have caught.
You will stay overnight in a private room or in our local family’s house (1 family accepts 4 people).
- English speaking guide and local guide
- Covered transport local Tuk Tuk or mountain bike
- Drinking water during the trip
- Husking rice by hand or foot, blacksmith, making bamboo basket and toys, short trek through jungle forest & participate in the day-to-day work of the family
- Trekking permit and provincial tax on net income
- Homestay owner service charge