- In-depth experience of dying and weaving
- Hands-on approach that teach you preparing dyes, color silk-skeins, dying and weaving
- Take home your own created art pieces
- Attending this workshop will directly benefit local artisans and their families
- Duration: 2 days
- Maximum number of participants is 6*
These two days will give you an in-depth experience of the local art forms of Laos: dying and weaving.
You will start your first day with a Natural Dyes Class. Experience natural dyes ‘hands on’. You will harvest natural dyes of which many of them are grown in our own garden. You will get an introduction to silk worms and silk making and create three natural dyed silk skeins yourself.
The second day you will master the art of Chok weaving. The result of Chok weaving is a pattern that floats on the surface of the weave in which many colors can be placed into the design across the width of the fabric. This method is sometimes also called “embroidery on the loom”. This day you will weave your own scarf (120cm) to take home.
Don’t worry, no previous experienced is necessary to create a truly unique souvenir.
The class is from 9:00 – 16:00 every day.
- Lunch on both days
- Your own masterpieces (3 silk skeins and a scarf)
* In general the groups are not larger than 6 people, but sometimes there might be an exception.More information