- Learn about the dying and weaving technique and process
- Create and take home your own woven masterpiece!
- Attending this workshop will directly benefit local artisans and their families
- Duration: 1 day
- Maximum number of participants is 6*
These two days will give you an in-depth experience of the local art forms of Laos: dying and weaving. You will start your first day with a Natural Dyes Class. Experience natural dyes ‘hands on’. You will harvest natural dyes of which many of them are grown in our own garden. You will get an introduction to silk worms and silk making and create three natural dyed silk skeins yourself.
After lunch with the help of a weaver and a knowledgeable guide you will create your own weaving. Using the kit technique. The result of Kit weaving is a pattern that floats on the surface of the weave creating a design across the width of the fabric.
1 Day includes dyed silk skeins and a 2-colour placemat with Lao motifs woven in class.
Don’t worry, no previous experienced is necessary to create a truly unique souvenir.
The class is from 9:00 – 16:00.
- Your own masterpiece
* In general the groups are not larger than 6 people, but sometimes there might be an exception.More information