- Insights into natural dying process and techniques
- Hands-on approach that teach you preparing dyes, color silk-skeins and dying
- Take home your own dyed scarf
- Duration: 1/2 day
- Maximum number of participants is 6* with a minimum of 2
Whether you are new to dyes or want to expand your range of fiber techniques, this class explores natural dyes and the various shades. Working with our Lao artisans, you will discover the beauty and secrets of Lao textiles.
Experience natural dyes ‘hands on’. During this half-a-day class you will harvest and prepare three natural dyes and hand-color two small silk skeins. You will get an introduction to silk worms and silk making. Many of the natural dyes used are grown in our garden. To complete the experience, you will dye a pre- woven cotton scarf which is yours to take home along with the silk skeins. Expect to leave the class with an insatiable curiosity and completely expanded approach to natural dye!
Don’t worry, no previous experienced is necessary to create a truly unique souvenir.
You have the option to take a morning class from 9:00 – 12:00 or the afternoon class from 13:00 – 16:00.
- Scarf to take home
* In general the groups are not larger than 6 people, but sometimes there might be an exception.More information