- Visit the hidden mountain range of Wundanyi
- Be blessed with stunning views while driving up
- Stay in an authentic homestay and taste traditional Kenyan food
- Visit the Kenyatta caves where Mzee Jomo Kenyatta stayed for a couple of years
- Have the chance to do some amazing hikes with a picnic on the way
- Duration: from 1 night>
Not far from Voi sits a little oasis tucked in the Taita Hills called Wundanyi. It is blessed with an amazing landscape far different than the rest of Taita Taveta.
Numerous trails criss-cross the cultivated terraced slopes around town, leading to dramatic gorges, waterfalls, cliffs and jagged outcrops.
You have the chance to stay in a homestay so that you can get a peek into local life, taste homemade food and get to know all hidden places you should visit.
Wake up the next morning by the chirping of the birds and stunning views. You have the chance to join one of the local guides on a hike to the huge granite Wesu Rock, walk through Ngangao Forest or climb Vuria hill where you will enjoy a picknick lunch with a magnificent view.
You also have the chance to visit the Kenyatta caves that are hidden in a small town just 2 km from Wundanyi. This is where Mzee Jomo Kenyatta stayed as one of the freedom fighters for x number of years. Charles Mlekenyi was a child back then and was serving Kenyatta and the others their meals. He has a wonderful story to tell and can show you many things that still remind of that time.