- Experience local village life at Kenya’s coast
- Learn about the use of different trees and plants for traditional medicine
- Get a peek into the daily life of a Kenyan family
- Enjoy an amazing sunset with fabulous view
- Taste a traditional home-cooked meal
- Duration: 3 hours
- Maximum number of people is 6
If you are interested in including this experience into a complete itinerary through Kenya, off the beaten track, and customized to your needs then you can take this quick quiz. You will then receive a custom-built itinerary in your inbox and pick what you like.
We will take you on a short walk through our neighborhood and end with a beautiful sunset view and dinner. We live in the small village called Fumbini. It is a small countryside town spread among palm trees and hills. The different houses are scattered and it’s a beautiful and peaceful area.
Our father used to be a traditional medicine man and taught us a lot about the different plants and herbs that grow around our village. As we walk we will show you the different plants and their use. Besides the use of nature we will also visit a couple of local houses, which will give you a peek into our village lifestyle.
We will end the walk with an amazing sunset view at our home at the top of the hill overlooking the Kilifi creek and enjoy a traditional home-cooked dinner.
The walk and dinner is from 4 pm to around 7pm.
- Dinner and walk