- Walk through the stunning Loita Hills
- Get medicine lessons or learn how to track animals
- Listen to camp fire stories from the Maasai
- Hear about the ancient customs and rituals that are still part of their deep-rooted culture today
- 2 days/1 night
Welcome to our camp at the foot of the Loita Hills (transfer can be arranged from Nairobi). We will start our walk early today (so maybe best to already come one day earlier). Guided by Maasai warriors, you walk through the Loita Hills. Along the way you pass manyatta's (traditional Maasai villages), shepherds with herds of goats and cows, but you can also encounter zebras, antelopes, wildebeest and other wildlife. The Maasai have been living in harmony with nature for centuries and like to share their bushcraft skills and knowledge of edible and medicinal plants.
We will camp at a beautiful spot and we prepare our food on a crackling campfire. In the evening, the Maasai tribesmen can tell you everything about the ancient customs and rituals that are still part of their deep-rooted culture today.
The next morning we will walk back to the camp. After lunch we will arrive at the camp where our Maasai guides and warriors will say goodbye.
- Maasai guides
- all meals
- drinking water
- first aid kit
- Transportation to and from the camp
- Extra previous night