HIGHLIGHTS EXPERIENCE WALKING SAFARI
- Walk along ancient trails left by the Maasai over hundreds of years
- Learn about the warriors’ customs and culture while learning all about the bush
- Sleep under the millions of stars in comfortable tents
- Enjoy amazing food while sharing stories
- Have wonderful views of the Great Rift Valley
- Take a refreshing swim under and ancient waterfall
- Duration: 2 nights/3 days
This experience will be your once in a lifetime one. We will take you along ancient trails left by the Maasai over hundreds of years. You will get to experience the African bush in a more in-depth and fulfilling way. We, Maasai from the Loita area, are eager to share our customs and culture, whilst teaching you the lore of the bush.
On our first day we start our walk after a light breakfast. Today we will walk for 4-6 hours through a very diverse landscape. Within very short distances you can walk through a variety of ecosystems. After arrival at our first camp, River camp, you will be welcomed with refreshing drinks and a hot shower. Settle into the evening with sundowners and stories around the camp fire.
Wake up the next morning to gorgeous morning light the next morning. Today we will climb up the edge of the Rift valley. Descent into the valley to discover an ancient waterfall where you can have a refreshing swim. After a short climb we will have lunch overlooking the Great Rift valley. When back at the camp rest and enjoy an evening with amazing food at the banks of the river while gazing at the millions of stars.
The next morning, we walk back to the base camp where you will be picked up to drive you to your next destination. It is time to say goodbye.
Pricing is based on non-residents. in case you are a resident of Kenya, please send us a message to receive the rates.
- All meals (bottled water, tea & coffee, softdrinks, house wines & non-luxury spirits with meals)
- Fully staffed & equipped camps, donkeys for portering
- Activities: Guided walks, cultural visits to Maasai enkangs
- Two road transfers either from Speke’s Camp or Siana Springs in the Maasai Mara and/or from Karen Crossroads in Nairobi
- It does not include flight from Nairobi to Maasai Mara or park fees