HIGHLIGHTS EXPERIENCE WALKING SAFARI
- Walk along ancient trails through stunning and diverse landscapes
- Learn about the warriors’ customs and culture while learning all about the bush
- Sleep under the millions of stars in comfortable tents
- Enjoy traditional Kenyan food while sharing stories
- Have stunning views of Kenyan hills and plains
- Duration: 3 nights/4 days
This experience will be your once in a lifetime one. We will take you along ancient trails left by the Maasai over hundreds of years. You will get to experience the African bush in a more in-depth and fulfilling way. We, Maasai from the Loita area, are eager to share our customs and culture, whilst teaching you the lore of the bush.
Today will be our first walking day. We will pack the donkeys and start our walk into the forest. We will walk for 3 hours in the morning and then stop for our lunch break. After a short rest we will continue our walk towards River camp. Along the way we will explain about the various vegetation and animals that we see. When arriving at River camp it is time to chill while enjoying a refreshing drink and a delicious dinner.
After a hearty breakfast we set-off for Oltyiani, the highest point in the Loita hills overlooking the Rift valley. Today’s leisurely walk will take you through beautiful landscapes with stunning views. As soon as you arrive at Oltyiani you have time to relax while seeing the sun go down.
Today we are heading to Oltyiani camp. The trail heads back down into the ‘Forest of the Lost Child’. You come across a range of beautiful and unique landscapes. After arrival at our first camp, you will be welcomed with cool drinks while enjoying the landscape. Have sundowners and share stories around the camp fire.
The next morning we walk back to the base camp where you will be picked up to drive you to your next destination. It is time to say goodbye.
Pricing is based on non-residents. in case you are a resident of Kenya, please send us a message to receive the rates.
- All meals (bottled water, tea & coffee, softdrinks, house wines & non-luxury spirits with meals)
- Fully staffed & equipped camps, donkeys for portering
- Activities: Guided walks, cultural visits to Maasai enkangs
- Two road transfers either from Speke’s Camp or Siana Springs in the Maasai Mara and/or from Karen Crossroads in Nairobi
- It does not include flight from Nairobi to Maasai Mara or park fees