- Stay at the foot of the beautiful Loita Hills far away from the tourist crowds
- Meet Sankale and his community
- Get medicine lessons or learn how to track animals
- Listen to camp fire stories from the Maasai
- Go for nature walks or learn to make local beading
- Enjoy delicious home cooked meals
- Star gaze from the special built veranda
- From 1 night >
Around an hour drive from Narok in the direction of the main gate of the famous Maasai Mara you will find our camp. It is built at the foot of the Loita Hills with amazing views.
This place is not standard and far away from the tourist crowds. My main goal to build this camp was to show people something authentic and share our world with curious travelers.
We have various things to do at the camp. I or one of my community members can take you for a nature walk while explaining how we use nature for our local medicines. If you wish you can also get a warrior training that will teach you about how we, Maasai, survive in nature. Women in our village can teach you how to make the local beadings, wood carving or you can visit a local home to get an idea what life in our village is about.
In the afternoon or evening you can relax at our veranda that has an amazing 360 degree view on the Loita Hills or the lower plains. We can share stories at the camp fire and you can enjoy some delicious authentic and home cooked meals.
There are a lot of things to see and explore and for the true adventurers among you we can take you for a bush expedition for 2 days or more. We can also arrange game drives to the Maasai Mara or in our won area.
We have several spacious tents with thatched roofs to provide some shade. Our restrooms are made in a traditional way with mud and natural materials. We have put our very best to make our place a comfortable and cozy place to stay. I hope to see you soon!
If you wish we can arrange pick-up and drop-off in Nairobi as well. It is 100 USD one way for 2-3 persons. From Narok it is 30 USD one way.
Other activities and pricing:
- Visit to a traditional Manyatta (1 hour) - 20 USD pp
- Beading with the Maasai women (2 hours) - 15 USD pp
- Woodcarving (2 hours) - 15 USD pp Cycling Tour in Loita Plains (2 hours) - 30 USD pp
- Night Game Drive (1,5 hours around the camp) - 15 USD pp
- Game Drive (2 hours in Loita plains/Salt lick area) - 20 USD pp
- Use of our 4x4 vehicle for the above game drives - 60 USD
- Full board (plus tea/coffee/water)
- 2 activities: warrior training at the camp, nature walk/ animal trekking, visit to the hot springs (1,5 hours) or a local school. Any other activity we can also offer with a 10 USD supplement per person.