- Visit this hidden valley up in the mountains of Sagala near Voi
- You will step in a different world
- Meet the most lovely and friendly people of Sagala
- Hike through lush green forest and have magnificent views
- Camp or stay in a homestay
- Learn to cook local traditional food from the women
- Visit the oldest English church in Taita Taveta county that still has some original items kept
- Duration: from 1 night>
Fourty five minutes’ drive up the mountains near Voi you will find the secluded and stunning village of Sagalla. It feels if you drive into a fairy tale with the lush green hills dotted with small houses.
Here you can meet the friendly people of Sagalla and especially Gibran who was born and raised here. The landscape is totally different from dusty and hot Voi. It is so peaceful and serene with many butterflies.
Gibran can take you up for various hikes through the mountains, you can learn how to cook traditional Kenyan food, see the local women dance and maybe participate yourself!
It is also here where you can find the oldest church in Taita Taveta County, 130 years old. It was built by Mr. Wray and still has kept some of the old furniture and items.
The women of Sagalla also love to dance and even can show you how they do it. They also run their own cultural center where they make leather sandals, bags, jewelry and other items.
You can stay in the lovely homestay of Sylviah where you get a peek into local life and that let you truly connect with the Kenyan people and their culture. It will be a unique and memorable experience.
Transportation can be arranged from Voi train station at an extra cost.