- Immerse in the hustle and bustle of the largest fresh produce market in Nairobi
- Join me in my kitchen to make some delicious Kenyan food
- Sit down and enjoy the fruits of our labour
- Duration: 6,5 hours
At 8.30 am we will start our food journey by visiting the fresh produce market in the Nairobi central business district. Here you'll get to understand and see where the food comes from. I will introduce you to my trusted vendors whom I have cultivated a long relationship with. At the same time you'll get to witness how locals get to bargain and eventually buy their everyday food. For the non-vegetarians, we'll start off the experience at the fresh meat market, still within the central business district before heading to the fresh produce market. This part will help you appreciate the great diversity of the Kenyan agricultural scene.
We'll then get into either public transportation or a taxi (depending on your preference) and head to my kitchen. There we will get down and prepare all our food and finally enjoy it. This second part will take an average of four hours. Throughout the entire experience I will take you through different history of the foods, talk about our cultures and at the end of it all we will part as friends (after having met as strangers).
- All he cooking equipment
- Bottled water once we get to my kitchen
- Transportation from CBD to my kitchen. You will be responsible for your own transportation back, I will, however, ensure that you get to board the correct vehicle or taxi.
- Three meals and a condiment