- Explore the beautiful Lamu island and archipelago
- Get to know and have fun with all the friendly people around
- Walk in the tiny streets of Shella, on its 12kms pristine beach too, take part in the village life, go fishing with local fishermen
- Discover Lamu Old Town, the rich swahili culture and history
- Sail to the marine reserve of Manda Toto, snorkel on the beautiful coral rocks there, picnic on board
- Attend turtles nests clutches on Manda or Shella beaches
- Explore the mangroves in kayaking, bird-watching colonies of carmin bee-eaters
- Enjoy a dhow sunset cruise with Lamu great sailors, always magic
- Self-catering accommodation but house fully staffed
- Duration: 2 nights >
- Minimum number of people is 6
If you are interested in including this experience into a complete itinerary through Kenya, off the beaten track, and customized to your needs then you can take this quick quiz. You will then receive a custom-built itinerary in your inbox and pick what you like.
We are a family run house and all of our family members are involved in providing you a wonderful stay. Our house is located at Shella beach with stunning 270° sea-views. It is a self-catering house, but you have 5 professional, friendly staff, among them an excellent cook.
The house is a large white building, built according to the Swahili architecture. We have furnished the house with authentic and antique furniture from Mombasa, Nairobi and Lamu. You can relax in the garden with its palm trees, ilangs ylang, frangipani and bougainvillea listening to sound of the waves or take a swim in the pool.
We can learn you Swahili cooking, take you on a Dhow trip, or take you on a tour through the Old Town. Swimming, sailing, diving, water skiing, windsurfing, wakeboarding, kite surfing, fishing ... is also right there, on your doorstep.More information