- A unique experience that takes you for a moment into the life of my family
- Have dinner together with us: enjoy coconut rice, grilled fish, chapatti, and beans in coconut milk
- Help with cooking in a traditional kitchen
- Try the local palm wine from our neighbor
- Taste our freshly grown oranges, mandarins and coconuts
- Duration: 3 hours
- Maximum number of people is 6
If you are interested in including this experience into a complete itinerary through Kenya, off the beaten track, and customized to your needs then you can take this quick quiz. You will then receive a custom-built itinerary in your inbox and pick what you like.
Hello, I am Kombo and I warmly welcome you to my family home. My family and I would love to show you our home and daily life. Join us for dinner, sip from a glass of local wine and see the different products we grow on our ground.
Juma my nephew will pick you up by motorbike after which you will have a beautiful ride through the countryside. It gives you already a glimpse of Kenyan life. On arrival you will be warmly welcomed by me, my wife and our 8 children. Join Nina and my wife for cooking and give them a helping hand. After this it is time for some wine tasting! Yes, local wine. My neighbor is happy to serve you some fresh palm wine.
When returning I will show you some different fruits and vegetables we grow ourselves. You even have the opportunity to try our fresh oranges, mandarins and coconuts (depending on the season!). When back at our home dinner will be ready. Enjoy some delicious coconut rice, grilled fish, healthy moringa leaves and beans in coconut milk.
When finished it will be time to say goodbye. Juma will bring you back to your accommodation. Thanks a lot for your time and we hope you enjoyed!
The dinner experience is from 4 pm to around 7pm.
- Dinner and tour
- Palm wine tasting
- Drinks (please bring yourself)