- Learn to make Kenyan jewelries during this workshop
- Support the local women of the team directly
- Interact and learn about the Kenyan culture
- Go home with your own piece of artwork
- Have a wonderful experience!
- Duration: 2 hours
Photo credit The Traveldote.
We are an organization of 11 women who live in Kibera Slum in Nairobi. Kibera is Africa’s largest slum. Most of us are HIV positive. Due to the initiative of Abdul we are now able to generate income for our families that make our lives a bit more bearable.
We make different types of jewelries from bracelets, earrings, necklaces, bags to key cords. At our workshop we also have our own little shop were we sell our self-made handicrafts.
During this one to two hour workshop we will teach you how to make the local jewelries and you can create your own piece of artwork. Off course you can take it home afterwards, a beautiful memory of Kenya.
- The handicraft workshop
- Your own handicraft piece
- Transportation from your hotel to our workshop location