- Get a surf lesson from a pro
- Learn all the basic techniques
- Catch your first wave!
- Duration: 4 hours
Hi, I am Wayan! I am a son of a fisherman and learned about the ocean early. I started surfing at the age of ten mentored by Balinese surfing legend Made Switra. I have joined various competitions and have caught waves at all of the prime surf spots of Bali and the surrounding islands.
I am happy to teach you this wonderful sport. Here is what I will teach you:
- The features of the surf board, safety procedures, and understanding of the ocean
- The dynamics of the surf spot, with focus on currents, shore break, sets, and the areas to be or not to be in
- How to carry your board into the water
- Paddle techniques on the sand continuing in flat water, as well as where to paddle out and paddle in
- Paddling techniques through breaking waves
- How to catch your first wave
- Pop up or stand up techniques, first on the sand and continuing in the surf, riding it straight, the basic bottom turn, and safety aspects of how to fall and resurface
- How to identify the peak of a wave
The location where we can meet is flexible, depending on surf conditions. Morning lessons start around 9:00 AM. Afternoon lessons start around 3:00 PM (flexible, depending on surf conditions). The lesson will include up to 2 hours in the water.
- Soft-top board
- Transport to and from your accommodation to the lesson location
Insurance is not included.More information