- Learn new skills based on your level of surfing
- Prepare for a day of fun in the water!
- We will not leave the beach before you are satisfied
- After surfing we will visit Monkey beach
- We will finish the day with a beautiful sunset
- Duration: 6-7 hours of which 3 hours surfing
Hi, I am Bul! I grew up in a small village close to Kuta Lombok and have always been surrounded by the ocean. I surf every day, cause I simply love to play with the waves. Lombok has some of the best waves in the world, so this is the perfect opportunity to learn how to surf.
Below explanation only applies for beginner surfers. In case you are an intermediate surfer we can see what your level is and base our lesson on that.
Before you start surfing it is important to have knowledge about different aspects of the sport. In the lesson I want to focus mainly on the following:
- Warming up exercises (very important to start with warm muscles!)
- Explanation of the features of the surf board and safety in the water
- Explanation of paddle techniques and stand op techniques on the beach, continuing in the water
- How to carry your board into the water
- Where to paddle in and out
- How to catch your first wave!
- 'Reading the waves': how to identify the peak of a wave and which wave you can surf and which wave you cannot surf
If you have any other question or if you want me to explain you something again, feel free to ask me anything any time! The most important thing for me is making you satisfied.
The surf lesson includes 3 hours of surfing in the water.
After your surf lesson you can take a rest on the beach if you like. We have beautiful beaches in Lombok, so you can enjoy the view and take the time for chilling on the beach.
We will continue the trip to Monkey beach - a beach with a lot of friendly monkeys! You can feed them some nuts or bananas or just watch them wandering around. The monkeys are very friendly. If you do not like monkeys we can visit one of the other beautiful beaches in the area - we have so many!
Once you are in Lombok you have to watch one of our beautiful sunsets. It does not matter if you watch the sunset from a beach or a hill: the sky has amazing colours from any point of view. I want to take you to the best place that day.
Optional: you can bring some Bintang or fresh coconut to drink during the sunset. Or for the people who would like to try something local: I can get you some palm wine!
I will pick you up at your accommodation in Kuta Lombok. The start time of the lesson differs usually between 08:30 and 10:30, depending on the swell and tides. I will meet you the day (evening) before the lesson to introduce myself and to tell you more about the time for your surfing lesson.
- One large water during the surf lesson
- Transport to the different locations
- Parking fee at the surf location