- Discover the jungle of Gunung Leuser National Park
- Meet the rare orangutan, white and black gibbons or hornbills, moon snakes, monitor lizards
- Sleep overnight in the middle of the jungle with its amazing sounds
- Duration: 2 days
- Minimum number of participants is 2 with a maximum of 6
During these two days I will show you a side of Sumatra you haven’t seen before. I grew up in the jungle, in the little town of Bukit Lawang. I know the rhythm of the jungle: the sounds, the animals and its behavior. I would love to take you on a journey through this magnificent place.
The first day we will start our trek between 8 -9 am (after breakfast). Today we will do a walk of around 6 to 7 hours in total. We are going to look for the rare orangutans and I will teach you about the use of the jungle for medicines and food. The jungle is rich of medicinal plants and ‘jungle food’. At noon we will have a break and enjoy a freshly prepared lunch. We will sleep overnight in the jungle, having a refreshing ‘shower’ in a small stream and enjoy our dinner around the campfire.
The next morning we will start our trek after breakfast around 9 a.m. Also today we will explore the jungle wit hits rich flora and fauna. After lunch you have the choice of walking back to Bukit Lawang or travel back by tube rafting down the river.
What to bring:
- good walking-boots or shoes
- sports-sandals or flip-flops for walking in the river
- sheet or lightweight sleeping bag
- insect repellent
- light trousers and long-sleeved tops (an extra set of clean and dry clothes for the night)
- head torch or flashlight
- All meals
- Local guide
- Jungle trekking
- Sleeping bag and mattress
- Permit to enter the park