- Hike along green paddy fields and meet the friendly farmers working on their land
- Learn about the different plants that can be used for making traditional medicine
- Relax on the way and drink a refreshing coconut
- Duration: 2 hours
- Maximum number of participants is 6
Ubud is a unique place and is the center of art, healing, yoga and meditation in Bali. Its name comes from Ubad, which means medicine. The area around Ubud is well known for its medicinal herbs and plants as well as beautiful nature.
I will take you away from the hustle and bustle of the city into a hidden place where you can see the natural smiles of farmers when planting and maintain rice, fruits and vegetables in paddy fields. Keep your eyes open for farmers who may offer you a fresh coconut to rehydrate your body, and watch as they skillfully climb to pick your coconut.
I will show you a number of plants that we use for traditional medicines and how we cook them. I will teach you how to identify these magical plants by sight, smell and taste.
The journey across the green rice fields with various crops will take more than two hours with stops along the way to rest, drink coconut milk and eat Jajan (Balinese cake). You will enjoy the scenery and ideal photographic moments.
Starting time is: 8.30 am
- English speaking guide
- Mineral water
- 'Jajan' (a Balinese cake)