- Visit Mount Kelimutu with its magnificent views an blue lakes
- Meet the local people of the villages of Luba, Bena and Ruteng
- See traditional village life, their culture and habits
- Cycle alongside green terraced hills and lush green jungle
- Duration: 5 days
- Minimum number of participants is 2 with a maximum of 6
With this cycling tour I want to show you all the highlights from east to west Flores. As soon as you arrive in Ende we will pick you up and drive you to Moni. This is the starting point from where to go up to Mount Kelimutu the next day to enjoy the sunrise. Mount Kelimutu is well known for its blue lakes. We will cycle down and have a short stop to enjoy our breakfast before continuing to Bajawa. On the way we will pass Blue Stone Beach. As the name indicates the beach is covered with blue stoned which gives it a special sight.
The next day our cycling journey continues via Luba and Bena to Ruteng. Bena is the most famous village in the Ngada district due to its impressive stone formations and ancestral shrines as well as the traditional houses. Bena has turned into a signpost for the Ngada culture. In the village of Aimere you can see and taste ‘Arak’, a wine distilled from palm.
After a good breakfast the next morning we cycle to Kenda via Ting and Watu Alo and back to Ruteng. On the way you can see beautiful terraced rice fields, hills covered with green jungle and the traditional houses of Ruteng.
At our final day we cycle back to Labuan Bajo. We will stop at Cancar where you can see the unique Lingko rice fields; circular terraces arranged like a spider web. From Roe we will cycle down hill until we reach Labuan Bajo where a dinner and overnight stay awaits.
This tour you can be perfectly combined with the 3-day Komodo Tour.
- All meals
- English/German -speaking guide
- Speedboat as per itinerary
- AC coach transfers
- Entrance fee, camera fee
- Flight from and back to Denpasar, by Garuda Indonesia (Round trip ticket +/- USD 240)
- Airport tax
- Drinks, personal expenses and tipping